Saturday, May 27, 2006

Sometimes I wonder what heaven will be like, and then you experience something here on earth which gives you a glimmer of what the real heaven will be like...
...like sunshine after days, if not weeks of rain
...like peace and tranquillity after a morning of getting three small children ready and out of the house on time
...finishing a project which has been looming for weeks
...a friendly smile from a perfect stranger
...not hitting rush hour traffic on my way into Oslo in the afternoon
...money left in my bank account at the end of the month
...a good morning kiss from the love of my life first thing
...a BIG mug of Earl Grey tea with a small piece of dark brown chocolate on the side
...these are some of the little pieces of heaven on earth that I occasionally encounter!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My "Heaven on Earth" is
- getting up early and walk streets up and down for no reason, while drinking fresh-made coffee from a paper cup and talking all kinds of nonense with a dear friend.
- watching people smile through rain drops.
- receiving handwritten letters.
- sand under my feet, wind in my hair and "The Southland" in my ears.
- and of course picturing Jude Law walking up to me and ask me on an ice-cream date. In Rome.

The list is so much longer, and you know it.

Amanda said...

Whomever you are, Ms. "you-know-who," I'll agree with you on the Jude Law item.

My Heaven on Earth includes:
- the first day of summer, with the glorious, seemingly endless days away from students stretching out before me
- Friday afternoon, with the glorious, seemingly endless days away from students stretching out before me
- walking around my neighbourhood in London
- having Starbucks with people I love
- reliable photocopiers/computers/fax machines/lifts
- Japanese take-away
- dancing when no one I know is around to see how bad I am at it
- getting my tax return & paying off a chunk of my credit card bill
- Christmas
- finding THE dress on sale, then taking it to the till and finding out there's an extra 20% off
- getting the perfect parking space
- encountering efficient, genuinely knowledgeable people in any business transaction
- listening to my granddaddy talk about the past
- visiting new places or re-visiting places I love

Anonymous said...

well amanda, I happen to know someone who looks just like jude. imagine that.