Tuesday, October 03, 2006



Returned Home
Israel - after ten days on an intense work journey to Israel I am left with an abundance of impressions. Victor is wishing I would stop chatting for at least a couple of minutes, but I have too many experiences that I need to share and unload :-)
I think the way I would describe the country is a melting pot - it is such a mix of old & new - old ruins and new buildings, various cultures and people - Jews, Arabs, Africans, Philippines etc, different religions - Judaism, Islam etc, religious and secular - it was all just melted together...! Can't really be described, needs to be experienced!

Other things I experienced on the trip were:
- A vegetarian village - everybody who lived there was vegetarian :-)
- Swimming (read: floating) in the Dead Sea
- Seeing various sites where Jesus walked
- Becoming a film star (well, we did go to make a TV program :-))
- Behaving like a film star (oh, well worth a try ;-))
- Being offered 100 camels for my hand in marriage (ok, he did drop the price to 10 camels when I informed him I was already spoken for...)
- Missing my family so much it physically hurt - Hurrah, I'm home!!
- Start of Sabbath by the Wailing Wall - one of the strongest spiritual experiences in my life!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

nice camel.

Amanda said...

Tell us more about Israel. It sounds amazing, you lucky thing.