Monday, November 13, 2006

Good therapy...
To get it out is good therapy; "express yourself!". I guess that is true and I guess I am working myself through the whole horrific experience of Sabbath morning by telling others what happened. At the same time it is excruciating painful because I feel so incredible stupid and guilty.
• Stupid that I managed to lose control over the car just because of icy conditions and a sharp bend...
• Guilty that I crashed my sisters car...
• Guilty that I put one of my friends through the experience...
• Guilty that I let the church down where I was going to preach...
• Guilty that it will cost us a small fortune to pay my sister back the value of the car (since it only had third party insurance)...
At the same time I am incredible grateful that
...no other cars came in the opposite direction at that particularly time
...that neither I nor my friend was seriously physically injured
...that I actually had company with me (the paradox that is...)
...that I am now safely at home and I know that the damages that has gotten done will gradually fade or get sorted...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At some point you run out of words. I guess that is when your overcreative thinking really hits in, you start asking questions, and maybe you cry a little when you're on your own. But like you said - damages that has gotten done will gradually fade or get sorted. Just need some time to heal :-) and I'm glad you have someone there to take care of you!

Anonymous said...

Guilt is a feeling you should feel when you meant to do something. You never set out to skid on ice, crash your sisters car or put your friend in danger. We have no idea what life holds for us but we can be thankful when in these situations no one is hurt and it's only material things that need tending to. You and your friend came home safe and that is something all your friends and family will feel very grateful for, I know I was.