Sunday, January 14, 2007



We are back!
One of my best holidays as a family!! I have to say that I really loved my first ever visit to America (loved as in "love to go back there on holiday" not loved as in "would like to move there"... - just in case any of you were getting worried ;-p)
There were a lot of highlights, so, I am going to spread them out over a couple of blogs. For now - Florida with Disney world & Sea World.
Mattias's highlight was I believe meeting and touching "Lightening McQueen" (the red racing car from the film "Cars" for those of my readers who might not have the faintest idea of what I am talking about...
Miranda just loved all the princess's in Magic Kingdom...she is in a real princess face and is overly excited whenever she gets to put a dress on and pretend to be a princess..
Miriam enjoyed the fireworks and she also got herself a favourite Disney character - Tinker Bell! So, in the shops (which were plentiful) she spotted out all the Tinker Bell stuff and wished for it all..
My favourite was, I must admit, the Magic Kingdom. I know it is supposed to be most exciting for the young kids, but I really loved seeing all the characters which I read about when I was a child - it was magically! The size of the rids were also more to my liking...the Everest ride in the animal kingdom was not for me!!! (relived having the excuse of a young child so having to stay on the ground).
I was also very taken by Sea World! Stroking the sting rays was excellent, as well as playing with the dolphins. The shows there and Disney World was also totally memorable - it was all just awesome :-)
So, conclusion, We will be back.
The next report will be focusing on Washington, visiting family and Christmas!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys never move to America. If you do, I simply need to come with you as a lamp or plant or something. ANYTHING. It's been almost two weeks and too long already, if you know what I mean.... a quick and formal hug on Sabbath afternoon does NEVER count. Remember that. I miss you, and I love you. Remember that too.
*getting emotional*

To all of Gryne's readers: next report will be posted in two months.

Hahaha..

Amanda said...

Cannot wait to hear more! So pleased that you had a good time. I'm with you: the Magic Kingdom is by far just the BEST out of all the parks in Orlando. Oooo! How I wish I had been there when you were! Next time you HAVE TO GO IN THE SUMMER OR LATER IN DECEMBER!!!!